When you consider the importance of the healthy fatty acid docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), it's no wonder more and more people are taking DHA supplements to help keep their nervous system, heart, and brain healthy.
Fortunately, dietary supplements, as well as foods containing docosahexaenoic acid, are increasingly available. This is mainly due to the steadily growing number of studies that prove the importance of DHA for adults and children. This means that it is relatively easy these days to get DHA in your diet on a regular basis. The best food sources for omega 3 fatty acids include wild-caught fish such as salmon, sardines and herring.
DHA can do this and much more:
1. DHA supports the nervous system
2. DHA supports eyesight and eye health
3. DHA relieves symptoms associated with rheumatoid arthritis
4. DHA improves memory performance
5. DHA lowers the risk of heart disease
6. DHA has anti-cancer properties
7. DHA relieves symptoms of asthma
8. DHA strengthens the immune system
9. DHA is helpful in treating depression
A pearl for breakfast